Suicide is NOT my Hobby
26 Jan 2017
Vocation vs. Hobby
It’s my vocation as defined below:
1. a particular occupation, business, or profession; calling.
2. a strong impulse or inclination to follow a particular activity or career.
3. a divine call to God's service or to the Christian life.
4. a function or station in life to which one is called by God
Following are pretty much the only time I want to personally discuss suicide
(A) those times when I can help
* Functioning as an advocate- in person, or via tech - in a mental health emergency, yours or someone else’s. (Not counseling)
* Finding resources for mental health and suicide attempt recovery for the individual and family.
* Finding resources for suicide loss grief support.
* Supplying curricula for support group formation.
* Talking to other parents who’ve lost their children to suicide.
(B) With people in Heartbeat in groups or within a steering committee setting.
(C) With my husband or children in direct.
I’m unconcerned with assisted suicide that involves a medical professional.
Someone had actually said, "suicide is your hobby" which pissed me off to no end. That was the reason for the instructive mini-rant. While I'm on the topic, people often thing we - advocates I mean - want to talk about every dang detail of their third cousin's neighbor who killed themselves. No. We don't. Anyway... there ya go.